Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Reading and Culture

Culture Quests seem vague, yet interesting. Although right now, I feel like they are typical to high school or middle school reports that I completed ages ago. Perhaps as I go along I will feel more enlightened. Or perhaps I will use it with my high school students as a project later this year. I did like the video explaining what "culture" entails.

Today's class had a nice reading focus. It is very true that my students have a hard time reading. I will attempt to integrate more DRTA strategies (Directed Reading Thinking Activities) in my classroom, such as predicting what you will read about or reading with a specific purpose in mind.

My webquest is coming along - I have a good task that my classmates helped me modify. I hope that it is as easy to create as it is to come up with the task and process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home